6 apples (my favorite apples to use are McIntosh), cubed
1 inch of water in pot
1 cinnamon stick
1 slice of lemon rind
1. Apples can be peeled but I do not peel my apples. Wash well.
2. Slice the apples into cubes.
3. Pour 1 inch water in the bottom of pot.
4. Place all the apples in pot.
5. Place a cinnamon stick in the middle of the apples in pot.
6. 1 piece of lemon rind from a lemon (wash well) and place in pot.
7. Bring to boil, uncovered. Bring to a low simmer and allow the apples to cook for 30 minutes.
8. You can serve as is or puree in blender.
My applesauce is one of my favorite desserts and snacks. You can serve as a side dish or dessert. Your home will smell like an apple orchard creating a warm and inviting foodie environment. Enjoy!
Embrace, Enjoy, Live, Love, Laugh and EAT!
La Reina de la Cocina